Tuesday, September 30, 2014

20 Facts About Me

I feel like the world is conspiring to make me write again. Or Ate Joan and Ate Allane are really the ones who conspired to make me write again. But either way, in response to the sisters-in-Christ I love (and miss) and for fear that my blog might rust any time now, here are the 20 facts about me which I managed to write out of my controlled spontaneity.
 
Bonus fact: I often look better in stolen shots.
 1. People used to spell my nickname in such a random way- Abi, Abbi, Abby, Aby, Avy, etc. But gladly, Facebook made it possible for the world to know my preferred spelling: ABBIE. The thing is, because of that, people get surprised when they discover that my real name is Mary Abegail Anicete. Yes, Abegail with an E in between b and g instead of the usual I. More often than not, people who would know the spelling of my complete name are my classmates or closest friends.

2. I don't like being called Mary and the reason is I just don't like being called Mary. I'll post more about my name in another blog that Ate Joan (again) tagged me with.

3. I'm a very reflective person and I am currently stuck at no. 3. I keep on thinking about what other facts I should include or not include here and how on earth I'd write them, the way I'd want them to be written. I carefully plan every little thing that I do including this.

4. People who know me associate me with the color blue. All shades of blue. They would know from the look of my eyes that I want something badly not because of its looks, peculiarity or brand--- but because it's color BLUE. I admit that there are times when I'll love a pink item more but crazily, I’ll set my mind that my favorite color is blue so I'll still stick with the blue one no matter what. Bravo for my self-imposed loyalty to blue!

5. My teeth are a complete set of sweet tooth. Ice cream, chocolates, candies and all sorts of sweets could be my everyday meals.

6. My stomach isn't satisfied with sweets alone. It also has a bad craving for sodas, fries, burger, pizza, and junk foods. Well, to appease your alarming super ego, I may want them every day but I don't eat them every single day. I have a very health-conscious mother who is capable enough to make me NOT eat or even dare think of them. Okay? Okay.

7. I like reading books but I have a slow reading pace. I'd try to read a book but until I reach that I-badly-wonder-what's-next-mood, I won't continuously read it. That's why it takes a long time for me to read books plus the fact that I am super reflective.

8. I am a teacher by heart and by profession. Though not by how I look. Uniform is the only thing that distinguishes me from my students. The statistics is 9 out of 10 people think I'm a High School student. That 1 person out of 10 thinks I'm from Elementary. Slow clap here please.

9. I like designing and doing different kinds of crafts. I can't draw based on my imagination but I can fairly imitate illustrations. These are ways I express my creativity aside from teaching and writing.

10. I keep a journal which is both my diary and devotional notebook. This is something you must not read unless I show some entries to you or this is something you can hardly read because of how I write. The flow of my thoughts is so fast that I scribble even faster just to keep up with it. Therefore, I often forget what legible and neat handwriting means.

11. I am craziest with the people I am closest to. I also am the most talkative and most spontaneous to them. They have heard the corniest jokes in the world from me.

12. I love children. I struggle hard not to squeeze the cheeks of a very cute child I come across with whom I barely know. The child I love the most is the cutest creature on earth for me- my nephew Jotjot.

13. I post a lot on Instagram which I don't post on Facebook.

14. I am the sweetest person that I know. If I were a man, I could've trained guys how to court a lady. I like surprising people and making them feel very special.

15. I’m a cry baby. I’ve always wanted to trade tear ducts with those who rarely cry because mine are over used.

16. The most dynamic thing about me is my hair. I have had a lot of hair styles in my entire lifetime because cutting my hair has always been one of my ways in dealing with stress.

17. I do more listening than speaking. I feel that God gave me this skill as a gift to the world especially to the people around me.

18. I rarely use an alarm. My body clock- which is mostly the fear of being late or the pressure of having a long to-do-list wakes me up just in time.

19. I was always a sleepy head. But these days, that characteristic seems to be a history about me.

20. I’m a morning person and I love to spend my time in the morning with the Lord. Indeed, the most important fact about me is this: I have God in my life and my desire is to bring myself and the people around me closer to Him.



2 comments:

  1. Well, I am somewhat loyal to pink over blue. Hehe.

    Ditto for # 18!

    And hurray for writing (again) because of tags! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete