Monday, May 30, 2011

Napuwing

I am clueless what “Napuwing” is in English. Anybody there who knows its English term? (Please do share it with me) And I was also clueless I was to entitle my “come-back” blog entry with it until what happened on a Tuesday, May 24,2011 (My supposed date for blogging)

                I needed to run an errand for my mother to buy something in a nearby sari-sari store. As I went out of our gate, dusts seem to have been blown directly on my left eye. It was so painful – the worst pain in the whole wide world at the moment. I could not open my eyes!

                I dreaded these moments of discomfort and “Oh Lord, help me” was all that I had to whisper.

                I tried to walk but I stopped every time, letting out a sigh of agony (yes, as if I needed to be hospitalized) I had a lot of stop over before I finally reached the store.

           With one hand on my left eye and my right eye leading the way, I still have managed to buy and return home.

                Immediately as I opened the door, I told my mother, “Nay, napuwing ako,” with that voice of a crying child. I rushed into the C.R., washed my eyes, saw its redness! And – NO RELIEF.

                I entered our room and told my sisters to help me out and they suggested different remedies:

                - blowing my eyes

                - looking afar

                - getting a basin of water and cleansing my eyes with it

                - blinking continuously

                They spelled N-O  R-E-L-I-E-F.

                I lay on my bed trying to open my eyes and I stared at the ceiling. I thought about all that I had to do:

                Write, read, go to a friend’s house, plan for the things I needed to prepare for Sunday School and school. But I was too immobile to do all that because of my eye that hurts.

                My devotion this morning echoed back on my mind:

                “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...”

                But at the back of my mind, I did wonder why God allowed such thing to happen.

                Well, I realized, He gave me a concrete insight to be able to put into writing my AWOL in my work – blogging.

                The leaves of my second journal notebook for the year 2011 has been all used up and along with it I seemed to have lost the will to write. My last entry dates back May 9, but to me it seemed months and years since I last wrote.


                Napuwing pala ako these past few days, weeks.

                I was too immobile, uninspired to write anything just because of something that bothered a “one part” of me.

                It was petty but I took it as a serious issue (we call it major, major today) – Like a small wound an I demanded for a surgery.

                My mother, on the other hand, in sound wisdom, knew the appropriate counter-attack = prayer.

 

                She prayed for me – it took some waiting, resurrecting of faith, and a little of tears – then came the blessed relief!

 

                Ngayong hindi na ako puwing – my eyes begin to function well. I could see clearly. I am efficient enough to write this one.

                “To live is to write, to write is to live” – I saw it on a T-shirt print. Yes, not to write is my death.

                As a compensation, I’ll write a Back Track of all that I’ve missed to blog:

                - Worship Camp

                - Enrolment

                - DVBS Jabez

                - Recent thoughts

                No, I won’t let a petty pagkapuwing to stop me from my purpose. We need sound wisdom to counter-attack these shallow yet unruly issues and keep running the race.

                    Oh ikaw, napuwing ka din, o baka puwing ka pa?

                

No comments:

Post a Comment