Monday, May 30, 2011

TIME TRAVEL

296 – Number of graduates of the Daily Vacation Bible School held at COG Jabez last May 16-21, 2011.

The teachers and volunteers of the DVBS are truly unstoppable for Jesus in advancing His Kingdom.

I have been privileged to work with Teacher Marichu at 10-12 years old. Ate Candy and I agreed that it was one tolerable and manageable age level. I missed the action and bursting energy in a 4-6 years old classroom. But I was grateful to experience teaching the 10-12 years old students. They were so active and were very eager to respond to my questions. I was careful not to treat them as little children by not asking obvious, too easy questions (oh I was so used to it!) and thank God, my Great Teacher helped me do so.

The interaction I had with these students was very unlike my relation with 4-6 years old. Before, I was a mother, older sister, now I was more like a friend. A girl would smile as if we were bffs, the guys would joke about things as if I were of their own age. A certain student (hyper that he is) would always place his elbow on my shoulder and call me “pare”. (Oh I feel like I’m 12 years old too!)

Being with the students made me think of myself when I was at their own age. Timid as usual, so quiet – not willing to participate especially in front of the class (at school is somewhat an exception). I would look at a girl who’s at the corner and say “that would be the inanimate me.”

But having this time travel to my past made me realize that I’ll know how to handle reserved and very shy students, being on their shoes myself. I would understand their need for a longer time to be comfortable in a certain place. And I would help them move out of their shells!

Well, aside from that reflection about the “past me” – I still have 2 time travels – to the future.


(1)    When I look at the students – I get to see who or what some of them might be in the future of the next generation. I see leaders, dancers, teachers, members of the theatre arts, etc. And to some I was burdened when I discerned “confusion”. Yes, at that age I saw rising deception about their gender. With the way they move, make an arts and crafts activity, there were hints of the deception. How in their young age, their environment could make or break them! As early as now, children ought to be shaped to walk in righteousness and holiness. I do hope our prayers and the seeds of faith in their hearts will work God’s wonders.

 

(2)    On my journal I wrote: “A while ago what thrilled me so much was seeing the graduates of the DVBS jump up and down on the stage and even right on their seats while singing “Supernatural God”. To me, it was a glimpse of the future Unstoppable Kick-off Night Non-Stop Party Party! I could imagine them all grown-up, the next generation unstoppable worshippers of God.


Yes, it was time travel to 2020, only their features were all youth-like in the vision!

How thankful and blessed I am to see this event and the wonderful impression of God’s favor to the children.

The church will continue on after our generation. Grasp it in the time travel He can let you envision! 

No comments:

Post a Comment