Sunday, September 25, 2011

HIS Practical Test

Minutes ago, I told a classmate that I'll start reviewing, for it is the only clear thing that I can and I NEED to do now. 

But, 
I just can't.

Now is the very time I just want to burst out and cry and disappear and ...

It is stress.
Yes it is.
A reality we can so often ignore or try to rationalize or not even notice.

I am at loss for words. Or I do not just want to say piling tasks, busyness, unending to-do-lists again.(I just typed it, didn't I?)


I try to seek comfort, enlightenment, from where then it can come from?

I am only brought to one concrete realization.
PRAGMATISM.

If I added question marks to your brain, I'm sorry. But it's the very one word I could think of.

It has something to do with LEARNING through PRACTICE / practical application.

I had for so numerous, countless times (in much exaggeration) wrote of so many things regarding doing things with, for and because of the Lord, about God helping us, about Him as our comfort and strength and all ideologies, beliefs and principles in Christian life and studies.

I am grieved that at one point or in many instances, these things stay as mere knowledge. Idealistic ideas. Will they come to a reality in our lives or stay as what has been termed as mere "COGNITION" of the brain?

We learn things by doing, We know we learned if there is a change that took place.

What is happening at this very moment is God's practical test for me to apply the lessons, insights He had given me so generously. 

We stop just knowing. We start acting on what we know and believe in.

God's Words and the insights He gives are really meant to change lives.

May I continue to be changed through His practical tests. (especially on this one--- stress, studies)


6 comments:

  1. Sigh. But yeah. For one, Jesus understands us when we go through exhaustion. We're limited. And when we find ourselves crying (in front of the pc or our books), He is beside us. He is present, an ever-witness to our emotional selves. And He lets us cry as He bottles up those tears, remembering each story behind each fall. =)

    Konting tiis na lang. Hehe. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ate thank you for that! Especially this one: "He is present, an ever-witness to our emotional selves. And He lets us cry as He bottles up those tears, remembering each story behind each fall. =)" Awwwww. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Deep Unto Deep by Dana Candler? I strongly suggest you do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meron. Nasa hiraman nga lang. Pero sige, kunin ko na tapos pahiram ko sayo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok ate thank you po :) SEMBREAK naaaaa. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete