Friday, September 23, 2011

The hurly-burly of life

   Hurly-burly? What does it mean? You might ask.

            Don’t worry; I’ve never known that word ‘till I started reading Carlos Bulosan’s “America is in the Heart”.

            “Why that book?” You may ask again.

            I have several books lined up to be read but this one’s for a requirement in a major subject- so no matter how bad I want to read other books, I have no choice but to stick with it. But at least, I think the book interests me as much as it makes my brain think hard. (History, you know)

            So somewhere on the third page of the book’s introduction lies this word “Hurly-burly”. My able dictionary defines it as “confusion”.

            Thus, the title of my “come-back” blog is somehow like “The confusion of life”.

 

            My “unblogged” days were somewhat mixtures of uncertain situations in a seemingly unknown zone God has brought me in.

           

            “In the span of days, weeks that have passed, things to me seemed dark, unclear and timeless. There was no definite enlightenment to where I was heading to. Everything seemed drowned in darkness and obscurity. I was racing through a tunnel in which the end was so far… I could not possibly reach. Was even the end --- light? Is this triumph even existent or the tunnel would go on… and on?

            I could have posed only question mark symbols or spirals of infinite mystery – for that was the only thing clear to me in my recent journey - - - - confusion.” – I quote from one of my journal entries. (Oh how emo the human heart, my human heart can be!)

 

            But epiphany was still there…

            “Now the tunnel is reaching its end. Rejoice! I am seeing light.”

           

            And I do believe now and even more that not a thing shall last confusing in the Christian life. Things will soon make sense, God will reveal why such things happen, in His time.

 

            So that was one of the reasons for my absence in blogging aside from my lack of time and access to the Internet.

            Back to the book-reading I have mentioned since the start of my entry, these are actually days when there are few………………………………………….. hours to sleep and relax. Before we could enjoy the Semester break, we have to endure the harrowing requirements asked of the 1st Semester. Busy is spelled E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y.

            I will never forget that certain day in class last week when we’ve listed all that we had to do (by date) on the board and Whoa! It was overwhelming! I doubt if there will be a time to breathe these coming weeks.

 

            “Hurly-burly” isn’t far in these situations in life.

            “What will I do first? Is it this, that, or WHAT?”

           

            But then, as a class, we did nothing but prayer after planning our tasks.

            We’ll be so busy it will be impossible for us not to pray. (From the words of Abraham Lincoln)

            And so as individuals – I know no better remedy but prayer.

 

            God told me four things these days:

(1)   One step at a time

(2)   Enjoy working

(3)   Do not do things to simply “get things done”, learn from work!

(4)   Let ME join you in your work and Trust in ME completely

 

 

-Studies as a means to glorify Him not Him as a means to excel in studies-

 

Amidst this hurly-burly of life, may it be in our personal life, in school or in whatever aspect, it will be safest and most exciting if the journey is with, for and because of Him. Thank your incredible God. He is not too busy that He does not have time to help you and me!

 

            *Pardon the scattered -brained writer. This is the effect of not being able to write for a month, oh nearly a month! Tsk. J

2 comments: