Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Memory and Industry Deficit (Late entry)

December 5, 2011                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Monday

I was walking under the rain a while ago. Probably, I need to pray regularly for a good rain-free weather.

No, I didn’t forget to bring an umbrella with me. I lost it permanently weeks ago.

First I lost my blue umbrella, and I realized it was gone a day after. I have left it somewhere in the church and I could hardly recall exactly why, when or how.

Then, my mother lent me my sister’s black umbrella, which was given to her by a special person. Why, for the love of forgetfulness! I have lost it too and could never recall where I left it. And for the record, I realized I lost it two days after!

My mother was very disappointed. She told me she would never buy me an umbrella ever AGAIN. And she’ll just buy me a raincoat. How awkward would that be, ME- wearing raincoat among the throng of college students in Manila!

I badly hope she too shall forget -- - - - all that she had said.

And earlier this morning, I was inside the bus, at around 5:15 am, when I realized I forgot two very important things at home:

(1)   My ID

(2)  My NSTP Shirt

I bet I am to receive the Youngest Memory Deficit Award any moment now. These two are but the most important things I needed for school, yet of all things, I forgot about them.

Alas, what happened to my memory?

 

Secondly, there is a great industry crisis that I am experiencing. Ironically, my last entry is about being inspired in studying, and recently Abbie had been feeling every bit of indolence possible. Worse, she gave in to it more than once.

Realizing how much I overly fuss over these things a while ago makes me laugh about it now.

When I tried to consult God about the insights He’d like to give me through these situations, he led me to this verse:

“The steadfast love of God endures all the day.” Psalms 52:1

His message was simple: no laziness, memory deficit of mine can outshine His steadfast love.

I did walk under the rain but it was the fewest of drops: “ambon”, I was still able to enter the school gate without my  ID, and most especially, the two quizzes which I wasn’t able to review for (due to my severe idleness) were moved for the next day.  Luck? No it’s His steadfast love. (He got me smiling right now.)  :)

5 comments:

  1. True this. Haha.

    ---

    And don't worry. Di lang ikaw ang nagkaka-memory gap sa mga ganyang bagay. We are never alone. -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I badly hope she too shall forget -- - - - all that she had said.

    let's pray for that... hahahahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ate! :)) And nadiscover ko po, one symptom ng stress ay nagiging makakalimutin, baka mejo nasstress na ko di ko napapansin. Hehe. Pero oo nga ate binigdeal ko lang masyado yung memory gap ko. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, nung nagkita kami kahapon Mami, alalang alala pa ninya na hindi niya ko ibibili ng payong. Ayun, naglalakad ako sa ulan kanina. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha... ano naman ang feeling? hahahahaha... don't you worry God is and will protect you. :)

    ReplyDelete