Sunday, June 3, 2012

Married @ 18

On my "netbook clock" it's 4 minutes before my 18th birthday officially ends.

I'm too excited to blog for the first time using this netbook to keep this until tomorrow but at the same time I'm really too sleepy to make a long narrative.

In brevity, the way I've spend my 18th birthday is a special usual day. I did the usual thing- go to church and see people like it's an ordinary Sunday. Nothing so extraordinary since I even didn't have  a "blowout". 

Who made this day very special are the people who gave me their warmest greetings and made their own little way of making me feel like a princess.

But one thing that I can't get off my mind is the weird thing I should have considered unusual using my 16 year old, old self perspective- I'm not married @ 18.

I'm not sure if I delivered that one clear. Marrying when I turn 18 was my plan when I was 16! Haha. Laugh all you can 'cause I already had my share of laughter at the thought of my past!

I'm just too blessed that God had never let go of me especially during that stray, crazy days of mine. The Lord's steadfast love has carried me through every new year of my life. And from my turning point at age 16 up til now that I'm 18, He has planted in my heart His dreams for me that are far greater and grander than the unthinking illusion of being married at 18.:) 



4 comments:

  1. Haha. Nice dream, I say. Very kid-ish. :)) But yeah, God and His amazing ways of bringing us where He wants us to be-- always better, always wonderful.

    Happy 18th! God bless you more, princess Abbie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie! Haha. You know what I also had this plan of marrying my boyfriend when I turned 18. :D Silly! I also planned it when I was 16. :))))) And thank God, I didn't. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ngayon ko lang to nabasa serene! Haha. Thank God we didnt talagaaa :)

    ReplyDelete