Tuesday, January 1, 2013

20 Snippets 12 Words


Here are 20 snippets that would sum up my 2012: (I was expecting an excerpt but I unconsciously made a novel out of last year!)

20. Maturity of Heart

It was a year when I had a number of battles with heart issues caused by XY Chromosomal Creatures. I wouldn't say I've won every war right on, but I am certain that my heart was and is past the age of infancy, gradually making its way to maturity. :) Literally, it means I'm congratulating myself for learning to let reason reign over my emotions (little by little) and mastering the art of healthy refraining and ignoring.


19. Family Peace

The Peace within our family when gaps ended and relationships were restored is priceless. It was the best gift and miracle of 2012. I then understood why Miss Universe candidates wish for world peace that much. It's that priceless in a larger scale!

18. 3rd: Best Room Decor

I was at the brink of unleashing the multiple intelligences in me during the DVBS 2012 at COG Main. Who would have thought I could have drawn and decorated a room! Though we were spent: financially and physically, the joy that the 3rd in Best Room Decor brought the DVBS students made everything worth it!

17. The Unfamiliar

This was the supposed title of my entry about the National Youth Camp 2012. It was undone, but simply put, The Unfamiliar meant I was moved to abandon my comfort zone, towards the unfamiliar. I accepted the assignment of being a Facilitator though my heart was shouting NO from the beginning of its offer. . The yes I made gave a boost on my spiritual and personal growth. It was one of the best yeses I made in my entire life!

16. Fellowship

I’m grateful how the Lord orchestrated my 2012 to open a way for Ate Angie and I to have fellowship again. Our devotions in the dorm are one of my greatest sources of strength.  And I would never forget the time Ate Tin and Ate Mitzi (her friends) joined us.

15. 18th

My 18th birthday made it possible for me to have the laptop I prayerfully claimed that year. Only, it came in a smaller version: Psalmie, my netbook buddy. It was the birthday gift of my brother. I never felt I turned 18 (even up to now) but it’s a sure sign that my blessed life today simply makes me feel years younger and never older! :D

14. Melancholic-turned-Sanguine

This is not 100 % accurate all the time. But probably ½ of my 2012 is spent laughing and smiling mostly with my HC Family.

13. Global Ugrad

I repeat, it’s Global Undergraduate Exchange Program and NOT Fulbright Scholarship. Being recommended for it alone is a privilege. And for me, it’s His special way of affirming me. And the passport, NBI clearance, independence, stress, weariness, joy, confusion, trust, faith, and experience that I had because of it were all together blessings in different forms. :)

 12. Love Relationship

I realized how He, through every day of 2012, has moved me from religion to a love relationship with Him.

11. Out in the Open

My frailties, mess were brought to light---- to be dealt by God, myself or with others. Pride and insecurity are no longer secrets of my life.


10. LPs and Demos He orchestrated

Who would have been the source of ideas of a cramming LP maker right in the middle of the night or at dawn? Who would have helped a soft-spoken teacher-to-be modulate her voice? And who would have helped a perfectionist move on and go on after mistakes? It can’t be given credit to any other but Him.

9. Materially Blessed Too

New phone, new study table, new chair and new other things this 2012: I am materially blessed too!

8. New blogging Hub

This 2012 I also moved into my new blogging hub: Freed to Free @freedeemed.blogspot.com

7. All’s Well That Ends Well

The role of the nameless first sir had unveiled my acting prowess as a man. I would always treasure our 8:30-8:30 school days due to our play practices and our miraculous performance on the very day of the presentation. But then, I would always cringe at the sight of my picture with moustache and untied hair.

6. Honors Christ

Different tests came our way this 2012 and they were all necessary and vital to refining our being a class truly honouring Him.

5. No longer hidden

Who would have thought I could sing, play the guitar and dance in front of many people? Only the HC would have thought of that and they believed that I could. J

4. Dean’s Lister

Indeed, this was his favour and gift to an underserving student, daughter of His. He has sprinkled my grades with His grace and all glory belongs to Him.

3. Best Teacher Award

This award, I always believe He deserves. He’s the best teacher to stubborn students like me. However, in Sunday School, He again qualified an “unqualified me” for it.

2. You Alone in Action

It is possible that we say: You alone Lord, and unconsciously long for someone or something else. However, as my 2012 ended, He showed me how broken cisterns ceased to satisfy me, ceased to make me long for them. “You alone Lord” married my reality.

1. You

You are the snippet of my life the made up the whole, and YOU ARE THE SNIPPET THAT MADE MY 2012 WHOLE.


12 WORDS:
This year, what has kept me and everyone else is YOUR LOVE.

20 snippets. 12 words.
2012

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Abbie. Kahit sa blog updates ko lang nababasa ang mga nangyayari sayo, nakaka-bless pa rin! :)

    More of God's glory in your life this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ate Joan! Happy New Year Ate! Hopefully magkita na po tayo this 2013. Haha. Love you ate! :)

      Delete