Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today, A Very Rainy Day!

    Rain was the first thing that caught my attention in the morning. The tempting motivator that tried its best to glue me on my bed.
Well, it didn't stop me from my quiet time but it did make my mother and I wait for hours before going to Manila. Yes! We didn't want to get wet out there together with my stuffs for school and for the dorm.
Rain - all the way through our travel in the bus and rain as we tread the streets along Normal Hall, TUP and the surprisingly-not-flooded streets of San Marcelino.
Laughing while walking was the coping mechanism my mother and I had at best! She was carrying three bags and I was carrying two (one extra heavy) along with my uniform covered with a jacket. Whew! (the thought of it still tires me) Car oh car - I did hoped for one!
 We found our destination and as we got up that narrow and very steep stairs (I'll really lose a lot of weight if I'll go up and down on it for the rest of my college life!)
Alas, my mother and I was not expecting that same picture of a dorm that was before our very eyes. It needed more renovation and more cleaning. I could not start fixing my things when my mother and I still didn't have peace about the place.
It was not at all a great start for me and my mother because there were immediate "questionings" raised upon our first sight of the dorm.
But anyhow, further conversations with the land lady made us feel better knowing that we'll stay there temporarily and move to the room for two most probably on July. 
Since my roommate (Ate Angie) was not yet around, my mother felt it was safest for me to sleep with Ate Jem (the land lady) just for 2 nights. And when my mother felt settled - I urged her to treat me at MCDO :]]
It was a late lunch time, and on the way, my mother, seeing the trail of students inside SM Manila (I doubt whether a day will pass without students scattered around every corner of that mall) kept on telling me "oh ganito pala no, pagkalabas ng mga studyante deretso na dito." Hahaha. And she kept picking on me as she notice how familiar I am with the place! (will not a year make me that knowledgeable enough - I jokingly reasoned out with her)
The craziest joke she had was when she was seeing "partners" all around. "Baka pag uwi mo may partner ka na rin ha!" Hahaha. I just laughed at the thought of it. 
(No! My Lord, you'll help me by your grace never have any other partner but YOU! :))
My mother and I bought some groceries, a blue umbrella for me (of course :) and ice cream amidst the freezing rain.
We walked through rainy streets again. When we parted, I faced again multitudes of students (to exaggerate!) along the way.
I headed straight here - at a computer shop.
What could be waiting for tomorrow, my first day in school?
Excited and nervous will spell it all out.
Clueless  I am, but I ought to trust Jesus and be excited because tomorrow and the entire school year ahead will be greater opportunities to trust Him.
Tomorrow, I know not.
Today, a very rainy day.
Yet trust, trust, keep the faith. 

2 comments:

  1. I declare that this sem you will have a double portion of God's anointing, strength, wisdom and passion for the things He wants you to accomplish in the name of Jesus. =)

    ReplyDelete