Friday, July 1, 2011

To My Future Students

To my future students,

                On an ordinary school day like this you may feel like you don’t want to go to school anymore. It could be one morning when you didn't want to get up, prepare and attend your classes.  That very instance when you just want to stop time and run away from the pressure of studies.

                My dear students, you are not alone. I too, felt it.

                Today as I woke up, I was decided to stay on my bed, probably for eternity.

                My heart was telling me that I was down and defeated while my mind was telling me to move and keep going.

                There exist daily the crossroads of life. The right thing to do or the one that feels good and seems right in your own eyes: which journey will you tread?

                The power to choose which road to take lies in your very hands.

                My future students, be reminded that at these crossroads, Wisdom stands, Wisdom calls. The faintest, softest voice that tells you to persevere and do right (which is the exact thing you don’t feel like doing) is God Himself whispering in love and concern.

                I am still in second year college, on the process of adjustment in this new school year. But I write to you in hope that years from now you’ll reach this point where I am right now. Please, do not give up. Though I know you’ll reach some point of feeling it like I did, but please, never give up. Don’t give in to the temptation of choosing the World’s Wisdom over God’s Wisdom. Though at times you may fail to do so, persist to keep yourself aimed at the narrow gate.

                I am here at present and the road I am taking, you soon will take.

                I know the frailties of our hearts, how weak-willed our flesh can be. But I also know and witness God’s love hovering amidst all these.

                I know you will see His love when you’re about to skip classes and suddenly you still attended them. You can see Him in the move of your hands as you do an assignment. You can see Him in the good health you possess and the allowance He provides just so you can continue to study. You’ll see His love every time you pause and reflect: “God sustains me to continue living and studying even if I don’t ask Him to.”

                But dear student, please I warn you, listen to Wisdom as she stands at the crossroads of your daily life. Listen to her, keep her ways. God’s love is abundant, but favor, hope and a bright future is lacking to those who are content to be a fool.

                You cannot trust what you feel for these lies will only destroy and deceive you. You cannot trust your wisdom for it can be foolishness. Instead, listen and trust what God, our Great Teacher has to say.

                I know no better roadmap to life and to the daily crossroads ahead of you and me than His Roadmap. (The Bible my dear students)

                I pray that the Great Teacher may speak to you. I promised Him that I’ll not give up studying and living my purpose for Him and for all of you.

 

Hoping to teach you soon,

Your future teacher

P.S.

“Never let go of a dream until you’re ready to wake up and make it happen.”

“Blessed is the one who listens to me (Wisdom), watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life; and obtains favor from the Lord, but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death.”

Proverbs 8: 34 - 36 

5 comments:

  1. =D publish natin 'to.. tapos someday, kasali na 'to sa mga English textbooks.

    To My Future Students by Ms. Abegail Anicete =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ate that inspired me! Hehe. Hays.It's been a long time since I last wrote. And I miss reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganun talaga ang buhay-kolehiyo. Mahirap mag-blog. Haha. Miss you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Oo nga ate. Kaylan pla tayo mkakapagdate uli? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Gusto mo after ng prelim exams? :)) Jul23 ang last day ng exam week namin. =)

    ReplyDelete