Friday, July 15, 2011

Like Another Sundae

Bad Craving: The feeling of wanting to eat again, right after eating.

This was my recent status, and my recent dilemma. It was attacking me especially last night.

 

I’ve gained a “Mami and  a Sisther” at school and they’re both God-given Christian friends.

Last night, Mami treated me and sisther a McDonald’s Vanilla Sundae.

After eating, we went book-hunting at Book Sale.

Me: Sisther, this is bad.

Sisther:  |looks puzzled|  Why?

Me: I want another ice cream.  :(

*Sisther and I giggles*

Me: Mami, I have to tell you something. This is bad mami. 

Mami:  |looks curiously| What is it?

Me: I want another ice cream. :(

*Mami laughs * and holds me in my arms just so I would not escape and buy another ice cream.

It looks like a kid’s stuff but this crazy childishness makes up a blissful, stress-free day.

My theorem about this BAD Craving is:

If x = constant thinking and y = constant hunger,

Then x=y. 

But kidding aside, the deeper insight God gave me was:

Love, courtship, boyfriend, girlfriend relationships NOW for the youth is LIKE ANOTHER SUNDAE. It is a want, a craving desire we have but we can live without. I was becoming more aware that I am not alone in the longing that I feel. Friends would share with me their struggles about “waiting for the right time” and I observe it among groups of college and high school students all over Manila. The thing is, these desires will always exist. It is an inevitable part of human nature: that longing to be loved and appreciated.  But as I see it, it is the desire that feels so good but can be set aside and denied every time it suddenly intrudes you. It won’t kill you if you won’t have another Sundae now.

*Until your soul, your hunger for love and security and longing are satisfied by God alone, will you be ready to commit in a God-centered relationship. Right now, I realized that I ought to be focusing my energies today in becoming a great daughter of God and teacher in the future. Becoming my Adam’s noble Eve is my least priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment