Saturday, July 30, 2011

God at Work

“Keeping my right hand from writing an account of the learning gems I’ve sought in my blessed days (which is supposed to be everyday) is like a headache. I could not just be unmindful about it.

Attempts to go on with other business would endure for days, weeks, but for months --- I’d barely call myself living. I’d be a puff of existence with an unresolved headache making myself more meaningless and insignificant.  It (writing) has always been the missing piece in the bigger picture of my life. I could go on like the whole picture is almost at its best- complete, but that small detail lost, I cannot possibly let go.”

So I write again. Well, I write lectures, assignments, to-do-lists, journal, blabber, and doodles but it’s again a long time since I wrote something special-------that can be preserved in my blog.

As I reflect on the above outpour of my heart, I see that I’m being too hard on myself. Not being able to write would mean disappointment. How can such be a strengthening passion if it also becomes my often source of frustration? *to be answered*

Things in the past can’t be undone.

I got to keep that in mind. If I wasn’t able to write about noteworthy events/experiences that had passed I can keep track with the new.

Ironically, I’ll write about --- this previous week. Hehe.

I’ve been on vacation for three days, 2 days (Monday, Tuesday) were intentional absences due to my emotional sickness, and Wednesday was God’s bonus (the rest I was hoping for but I wasn’t patient enough to wait). 

I was thinking I missed home and I needed rest. Plus, the pressure and negative emotions were blazing inside of me and I wasn’t able to deal with them properly. So that’s what I mean with my emotional sickness.

The bonus in these two days is that I had a very sweet time with my Lord and I had spent real quality time with Him.

Teeming realizations flood my journal- but I pick out the best two:

(1) Life without pressure is boring- not the life I would like to live and (2) The Lord is working hard to change me.

(1)- I missed studying, being busy, reading, having my mind stimulated by the professors’ questions and by our lessons. I can’t imagine my life now without studying!

(2)- I’ve opened my previous journal and I have seen the very same emotional struggles I had in the last weeks of July 2010 (freshmen). God is pruning me. It is my response to it that will either make or break me. Last year was mistake --- now, I need to respond positively.

I’m just in awe of Him this previous week. He is working wonders in my life. I am thrilled and challenged in the changes God desires for me. He is indeed at work! He sharpens my mind and strengthens my heart. :)

 

 

1 comment: